Thursday, November 12, 2009

Desert Commute




































Since we moved from Sharjah into Dubai I've been enjoying my desert commute to work. We live on the edge of Dubai and the college is on the edge of Sharjah. So to avoid traffic, I head out onto a desert road and over the dunes into the neighboring emirate's outskirts. Though it doesn't compare to the colors of my San Francisco commute over the Golden Gate Bridge, or the gorgeous drop into Boulder on Highway 36, there is an elegance to the desert scenes, the camels, the sand, the mosques and the palms. Here are a few pics from a recent evening ride home.

2 comments:

Jill Swick said...

Just tell me you travel with a full tank and cell phone at all times... Can you get On Star there???? Satellite emergency call button????

Daphne said...

Wow...nothing like getting stuck in a camel jam on the way to work, huh?