Monday, August 18, 2008

Kids are Here!

Brady, Liam and Grandma got here last night, their flight was early, and I met them at the airport. While we loaded into the taxis at midnight, Brady was already peeling off his shirt because of the heat. It's been hot here this last week, around 110 degrees and hotter on most days. It is so hot that lipstick in your purse will get soft while you wait just 6 or 7 minutes for a taxi. I am told that we will settle into a gorgeous late fall and winter though, where the high is around 85 and dry, for about five months from November to April. We'll look forward to it.

The kids and Grandma picked and ate ripe dates from our tree when we arrived at the villa. Brady and Liam then combed the place from top to bottom and gave it the seal of approval, 'good house mom'. When I left for work this morning they were all out cold and I set an alarm for Grandma because the cable guy is coming.

More news to come later on gender, language, driving, hired help and the grocery store, if the Cable/Internet guy shows up.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad they made it in one piece! I can't wait to come out there myself! I am also happy you finally got the internet. Hopefully we can catch up on the phone soon...